Volunteer Training and Coach & Referee Supercamps:
Section 3, Area T
Coach Super Camp - Sunday, June 29, 2014
Hosted by Region 199 (Pleasantville) at Clinton Street Senior Center 1 Clinton Street Pleasantville, NY
Sunday, June 29: Under Age 12 Coach Course roster #201402219 - Classroom 9am-noon; Field Session 12:30pm-3pm.
Area 3/T Super Camps general info:
1. To minimize course check-in delays, it is extremely important to get all volunteers signed up in advance in eAYSO so we can insure we have enough space and course supplies for them. Your volunteers should sign up now for the courses in eAYSO.org using MyeAYSO Course Signup and the course roster numbers above after completing and submitting their eAYSO Profile and Volunteer Application if they have not already done so. Otherwise, Coach Administrators must sign them up using eAYSO Lookup -> Course -> Course Signup. If a volunteer does not have an eAYSO application or registered record, use the "Add new volunteer" button to get them onto the roster with a temporary Attendee record number. You should advise your CVPA about temporary Attendee record numbers that you create and who they are for so your CVPA can merge them with each volunteer's application record when completing registration. Otherwise, their completed courses will not show up in their registered eAYSO record.
2. Please make sure your coaches understand that to earn credit for a course, they must plan to arrive 15 minutes early to find parking, check-in for their course, get to the classroom on time, attend the entire course and pass a test with at least 70% correct answers at the end of each course. No exceptions. Those arriving late and/or leaving early are welcome to stay, participate and get whatever they can from a course for the time they do attend, but not course credit.
3. Safe Haven Coach or the new "AYSO's Safe Haven" course and age appropriate coach training courses required by AYSO for all head coaches and assistant coaches. "AYSO's Safe Haven" which has been completely revised to address current topics such as bullying, concussions and more is recommended as an update for all coaches who attended the old Safe Haven Coach course.
4. Age appropriate coach training for all U6, U8, U10 and U12 head coaches and assistant coaches is mandated by the AYSO National Board of Directors. U14/Intermediate Coach training is mandated for the Fall 2014 season.
5. The U6 up through U12 Coach courses were completely revised late Spring 2013 and now include a whole season's worth of training sessions among other things. Coaches who took the old courses are encouraged to attend the new courses which are far better and will improve their coaching skills, knowledge and experience.
6. Courses except AYSO's Safe Haven and Coach Administrator Training include clinic fieldwork. Coaches and their team player(s) should bring an appropriate size soccer ball (#5 for coaches), shin guards, turf shoes or cleats, dry gym shoes with clean soles in case we have to use the school gym, sun protection, paper, pencils and smiles.
7. The success of AYSO Coaching courses is dependent on having the minimum numbers of players needed at the indicated session times listed with each course. Attending coaches or their regions must to arrange for a minimum of 14 U14 team players for the clinic sessions and register them by March 16 with Andy Hongell 914-552-7609 or course must be cancelled.
8. Saturday lunches will be provided on site only for coaches, players and instructors staying for a course through lunch time.
9. Please check this page for updates and any revisions.
Volunteer training is being conducted contineously and at every level:
Regional level: see local calendar and eAYSO ([Signup][Course])
Area level: Supercamps and eAYSO ([Signup][Course])
Section level: Section 3 Expo, March 7-9, Southbury, CT; and eAYSO ([Signup][Course])
National level: RC,
AD and SD training;
AYSOtraining.org, on-line Training (for which you need your AYSO ID number; ask your RC),
Self Paced Training,
Coach Training Matrix and