Volunteer Training and Coach & Referee Supercamps:
Section 3, Area T
Spring 2013 Super Camp Courses: April 5, 6.
Hosted by Region 324 (Ardsley/Hastings/Dobbs Ferry) at Mercy College, 555 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
Use the diagonal entrance to the Main Hall Athletic Building 6 on the circle in front of Building 2. Please see the Campus Map for Main Hall building locations.
A big thanks to David Kilpatrick, Area 3/T Coach Trainer and former RC for Region 324, for obtaining Mercy College classrooms and gym facilities to host AYSO's Safe Haven, Coach Administrator and the U6 through U12 Coaching courses on April 5 and 6.
At this time we do not have facilities to hold the Intermediate and Advanced Coaching courses this Spring. These will be rescheduled for this Summer in conjunction with planning for the Fall game schedules.
Coaches and Coach Administrators please sign up in eAYSO for needed courses below and review the Area 3/T Coach Super Camps General Information below the scheduled courses.
Friday, April 5:
- AYSO's Safe Haven Course, roster # 201301290 - 7:30 to 10pm, Bldg 6 Classroom 238
- Coach Administrator and eAYSO Training Course, roster # 201301291 - 7:45 to 9:45pm, Bldg 6 Classroom 240.
Saturday, April 6: (Coaches and demonstration players must wear sneakers or indoor soccer shoes with clean, dry soles.)
- U6 Coach Course, roster # 201301292 - 8:30 to 11am, Bldg 6 Classroom 238. Six U6 demonstration players welcome to attend the approximately 9:15-10:30 am gym clinic session.*
- U8 Coach Course, roster # 201301293 - 9:30am to 12:30pm, Bldg 6 Classroom 240. Eight U8 demonstration players welcome to attend the approximately 10:30 am-12:00 noon gym clinic session.*
- U10 Coach Course, roster # 201301294 - 11:30am to 3:30pm, Bldg 6 Classroom 238. Attending coaches or their regions need to arrange for ten U10 demonstration players for the approximately 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm gym clinic session.*
- U12 Coach Course, roster # 201301295 - 1 to 6:30pm, Bldg 6 Classroom 240. Attending coaches or their regions need to arrange for twelve U12 demonstration players for the approximately 3:00 to 6:00pm gym clinic session.*
The first coaches or regions to contact Andy Hongell with the number of players they plan to have at the gym clinic sessions will get the available spots.
Area 3/T Super Camps general info:
1. To minimize course check-in delays, it is extremely important to get all volunteers signed up in advance in eAYSO so we can insure we have enough space and course supplies for them.
Your volunteers should sign up now for the courses in eAYSO.org using MyeAYSO Course Signup and the course roster numbers above after completing and submitting their eAYSO Profile and Volunteer Application if they have not already done so. Otherwise, you must sign them up using eAYSO Lookup -> Course -> Course Signup. If a volunteer does not have an eAYSO application or registered record, use the "Add new volunteer" button to get them on the roster.
2. Please make sure your coaches understand that to earn credit for a course, they must plan to arrive 30 minutes early to find parking, check-in for their course, get to the classroom on time, attend the entire course and pass a test with at least 70% correct answers at the end of each course. No exceptions. Those arriving late and/or leaving early are welcome to stay, participate and get whatever they can from a course for time they do attend, but not course credit.
3. Safe Haven Coach or the new "AYSO's Safe Haven" course and age appropriate coach training courses for the coming Fall season are required by AYSO for all coaches (head coaches and assistant coaches). "AYSO's Safe Haven" which has been completely revised to address current topics such as bullying, concussions and more is recommended as an update for all coaches who attended the old Safe Haven Coach course.
4. Age appropriate coach training for U6, U8 and U10 coaches is mandated by the AYSO National Board of Directors. U12 Coach training is mandated for the Fall 2013 season.
5. Courses except AYSO's Safe Haven and Coach Administrator Training include gym work. Coaches and their team player(s) should bring an appropriate size soccer ball (#5 for coaches), shin guards, dry gym shoes with clean soles, paper, pencils and smiles.
6. Saturday and Sunday lunches are provided only for coaches, players and/or instructors staying for both morning and afternoon courses.
7. Please see this page for updates and any revisions.
Volunteer training is being conducted contineously and at every level:
Regional level (see local calendar and eAYSO ([Signup][Course])),
Area level (Supercamps, Roadshows and eAYSO ([Signup][Course])),
Section level (Section Meeting, eAYSO ([Signup][Course])),
National level (RC, AD and SD training, NAGM), AYSOtraining.org; Online Training (for which you need your AYSO ID number; ask your RC), Online Webinars,
Additional Training Materials, Training Matrix and Course Catalog.